I’m working on a writing discussion question and need guidance to help me understand better.
You are to create an approximately 2-minute commercial advertising qualitative research. Your job is to (1) persuade a potential researcher as to the importance and utility of qualitative research in general, and (2) explain when and why they would choose in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, AND observations. You may add other methods if you like, but you must include at least those three.
In addition to your commercial, please submit an approximately one page (500-750) summary of your commercial, addressing the following:
- Who is your audience? What do they already know? What do they need to know?
- What message were you trying to get across to your audience?
- What do you think your audience would find persuasive?
- What techniques did you use to try and persuade your audience?Grading Criteria:
These are what I will be looking for, in relative order of importance:
- Explains how qualitative methods and epistemology fits in the broader universe of public health evidence
- Differentiated purpose of each of the three main methods is clear (ie, “to do qualitative research” will not cut it)
- Summary supports points 1 and 2 above, and demonstrates thoughtfulness about your audience and what might persuade them to agree with you.
- Video is fun to watch and a reasonable length (90 seconds to 2.5 minutes).