Write your own This I Believe essay possibly focusing on the themes of education and learning
Write your own This I Believe essay, possibly focusing on the themes of education and learning. You might take this in many different directions in terms of thinking about how you value institutional learning experiences or other kinds of learning/educational life experiences. Be creative in how you approach your topic, and be sure to adhere to the basic framework of the essay without sounding mechanical. Most often, these kinds of essays work more successfully if the belief is positive. For example, an essay that says, “I believe that elementary school teachers’ encouragement is essential for children,” works better than, say, “I believe that my fifth grade teacher hated me and ruined my life.” I’m not sure many readers would take the writer seriously here, or, at best, would be skeptical.
Some basic guidelines and suggestions…
- At some point in your essay, name your belief. You need not have to say “I believe,” but make sure that it is clear to the reader.
- Tell a quick story: showcase your own experience with your belief
- Showcase your knowledge of the topic if appropriate (such as naming the effects of global warming)
- Create a sense of yourself through your organization and language/voice—show the reader who you are.
- Organize a cohesive essay. Use detail, dialogue, and lively words to keep the reader involved in your statement. This is a short space to capture a reader’s attention.
- Be concise: this is a short essay, don’t tell a long story or linger too long over a point.
- Show how this belief may be important to others, or suggest an action for the reader to do. (Ask, ‘So what?’)
- Stick to a main idea, do not veer away into other topics/themes
- Have a readership in mind. Who do you want to connect to?
12-point Times New Roman font
Standard 1” margins
Along with a MS Word file. You must also submit a recording of you reading your essay—like the ones we heard in class. You may choose to enhance the essay with music or sound effects. Apps like Garage Band (on the Mac), Opinion, Bumpers, and Audacity are some of the tools you can use, but there are many available to you.
Answer preview for Write your own This I Believe essay possibly focusing on the themes of education and learning
Access the full answer containing 830 words by clicking the below purchase button.