Watch the documentary Foreigners in their Own Land
Watch the documentary: Foreigners in their Own Land
Click on Episode 1: Foreigns in their Own Land. Answer the following questions, and then make two comments about the documentary. What caught your attention? How do you feel after watching this?
1. When the dispute of the territory of Mexico and Texas started? What was the main goal of the United States, and why?
2. What was the result of the Mexican American War?
3. What was the Treaty of Guadalupe de Hidalgo? What happened with that Treaty?
4. Who was lynch in California during the gold rush years? Why?
5. According to Dr. Arturo Madrid from where came, the Spanish saying “con el alambre vino el hambre” “with the barbwire came hungry”? Why?
6. What was “las gorras blancas” “the white hats“? What was their mission/purpose?
7. Why a lot of Mexicans felt that they were “a foreign on their own land”?
Answer preview for Watch the documentary Foreigners in their Own Land
Access the full answer containing 670 words by clicking the below purchase button.