This assignment is designed to provide you with the opportunity to learn strategies for observing and managing student behavior
This assignment is designed to provide you with the opportunity to learn strategies for observing and managing student behavior. This procedure will involve systematic observation and recording of behavior, charting and graphing data, designing an intervention plan, developing behavioral objectives, and implementing behavior change programs in a classroom for students with disabilities, including individual and group behavior management intervention strategies.
See steps below:
1. Identify a student with mild to moderate problem behavior (behavioral excess or deficit).
2. Get Informed Consent signed from the student’s parent/caregiver and teacher.
3. Collect some background information of student and setting.
4. Define target behavior(s) to facilitate measurement of occurrence of the behavior(s).
5. Develop a data collection system that will provide the best representation or measurement of the student’s rate of occurrence of target behaviors.
6. Collect data (3-5 days) on the occurrence of these target behaviors during specific and selected time periods (e.g., class periods or contexts, like transition times where PB occurs at high rates). Please attach all original data collection sheets.
7. Graph the data to assess the behavioral pattern.
8. Develop a hypothesis for the purpose or function of problem behavior.
9. Develop at least two behavioral objectives each, to increase appropriate behavior and to decrease inappropriate or problem behavior (total 4 objectives).
10. Develop a positive behavior change program based on the behavioral objectives.
11. Implement these behavior change procedures (1 week).
12. Collect and graph data (3-5 days) on target behavior once again to determine any change in behavior.
13. Analyze results and provide logical explanations for the results. Present a brief summary of your intervention to the class for a group discussion (time permitting) and critique of your methods and results.
14. Insert all the above information in a typed paper following APA guidelines (including your tables and graphs) and submit to me. Be sure to check the rubric for self-evaluation of your assignment.
Answer preview for This assignment is designed to provide you with the opportunity to learn strategies for observing and managing student behavior
Access the full answer containing 260 words by clicking the below purchase button