Nature vs Nurture Essay
Assignment: Nature vs Nurture Essay. This assignment must be 2-3 pages in length, double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman. not including title, reference page
- List at least 10 major life events. These events can be as early as you can remember up until today.
- For each event, provide details on what it means to you and how you think this event has impacted your personality.
- Describes the debate of nature vs. nurture; biological vs. environmental influence on personality.
- The age old debate of Nature vs. Nurture is as relevant today as it was centuries ago. This debate centers on influencers of our development, including personality, that is either genetic (biological) or environmental factors. According to Zaky (2015), despite the conflict between those who are biological extremist or environmental extremists, there are too many facts on both sides that are not consistent with an “all or none” view. So, instead of taking a side, the question becomes how much does either influence our personality?
- For this assignment, we will focus on major life events that you feel have shaped your personality. These can be happy or not so happy events. Focusing on big events are great, however, don’t forget about the small ones that we sometimes forget to pay attention to. Sometimes we may be unaware of these small events and may even consider them insignificant, but they may have had a big influence on us. For example, a woman getting teased about her braces when she was younger may have made it difficult for her to smile now even as an adult because she hid her smile during that time. Another example could be a young man not wanting to play football in high school because his father told him as a child that he was not good at this sport. On the other hand, this event could have been a motivating factor for this young man and pushed him to be a star athlete.
Answer preview for Nature vs Nurture Essay
Access the full answer containing 697 words by clicking the below purchase button.