Investigate two public companies of your choosing.
History of Business Report Description
Investigate two public companies of your choosing. One should be
successful and the other a failure. Both companies must have started in business any time BEFORE THE
YEAR 1950. Your mission is to learn the history of the companies, understand why the company
succeeded or failed, and compare the outcomes of the two companies.
In 1,500-2,000 words:
● Share the history of each company. A chronological overview is helpful, along with highlights of
key events or milestones. Tell the story of the company.
● Explain whether the company succeeded or failed and why, including how you are making this
evaluation. What measure(s) did we discuss in class to evaluate success and failure? How is the
company performing or how did the company perform against these measures? Provide a
thorough analysis regarding why you believe the company achieved the outcome.
○ How to Evaluate Success and Failure?
■ Customer Model Framework
● Customer Value Proposition
● Profit Formula
● Key Resources
● Key Processes
● Compare the outcomes of the two companies. What decisions were made or what strategies were
employed to yield the outcomes? Explain WHY the outcomes were different for the two
companies. — What did each company do better/worse in in order to cause it to fail/succeed?
● Use a bibliography to capture your sources (not counted toward word limit). Also, use headings to
make your assignment clear and easy to follow.
Answer preview for investigate two public companies of your choosing.