Different roles that agents managers and lawyers play as it relates to entertainers
The objectives of this assignment are to help you:
• Understand the different roles that agents, managers and lawyers play as it relates to entertainers
• Identify what actions are legally permitted and legally prohibited by agents, managers and lawyers in the entertainment business
• Develop the ability to provide competent advice regarding the various roles agents, managers and lawyers can play
• Apply concepts from your textbook and additional course readings
Review the following definitions:
1. Talent Manager: an individual or company who guides the professional career of artists in the entertainment industry. The responsibility of the talent manager is to oversee the day-to-day business affairs of an artist; advise and counsel talent concerning professional matters, long term plans and personal decisions which may affect their career.
2. Talent agent: any person who, for compensation, engages in the occupation or business of procuring or attempting to procure engagements for an artist.
3. Transactional Entertainment Attorney: a licensed attorney qualified to draft and negotiate contracts (ie. Recording, publishing and merchandising contracts) on behalf of an artist.
4. Unlicensed practice of law: engaging in the practice of law by persons not authorized to practice law which is reasonably likely to induce others to believe that the person is authorized to engage in the practice of law. For instance, preparing any document in any medium intended to affect or secure legal rights for a person or entity or negotiating legal rights or responsibilities for a person or entity.
5. Violation of Talent Agency law: Any person who, without a license, engages is the occupation or business or procuring or attempting to procure engagements for an artist except if said person is representing himself/herself, a family member or one artist exclusively.
Clyde calls you and asks how the band should proceed as it relates to the “Save the Gulf” concert. In advising Clyde, you should discuss:
• The roles an agent, a manager and an attorney would play in the current situation;
• Any actions that Clyde can or cannot perform;
• Any actions that Snake can or cannot perform;
• Whether the band should hire an attorney and, if so, to do what;
• Any other advice you may have for the band to successfully handle this situation.
You Please be sure to cite your references including the Florida Statute referenced above that you should discuss in your assignment. Y
Answer preview for Different roles that agents managers and lawyers play as it relates to entertainers
Access the full answer containing 1460 words by clicking the below purchase button.