Discuss COVID19 pandemic is a global crisis that has caused worldwide business disruption
“You are a consultant who has been hired by the CEO of a substantial organization/company of your choice, when the impact of the pandemic on the organisation’s operations starts to become clear. You have been tasked to critically assess the organisations strategy in light of the impending disruption. This strategy must ensure business continuity in the immediate term, and relevance and competitiveness in the post-
pandemic business world. Your first action is to critically evaluate the tools you have available to you to undertake this task, and to produce a report according to the assessment brief outlined below. You have been given advice on what this report should contain and how it should be structured, and this advice is summarised in the marking rubric below. ”
• The COVID19 pandemic is a global crisis that has caused worldwide business disruption on an unprecedented scale
• Many business strategies have shown weaknesses, especially in relation to the importance of digital technologies for their future operations
• For many businesses, their survival depends on whether they can rapidly pivot to meet the demands of unpredictable disruption during the pandemic whilst ensuring capacity to remain relevant in the business landscape that emerges afterwards.
• There are significant competitive advantages for those that do
• There are enormous challenges for all organisations
• Work on a real-world example taken from the case studies in the course, or your own choice. This can be a business, and NGO or not-for-profit.
• Discuss the challenges the organization and the sector face during the pandemic and the risks and opportunities afterwards
• Analyse how the organisation is changing, or should change, to address these challenges and embrace the opportunities
• Outline the tools available to help the organization (1) create and capture value, (2) build and sustain competitive advantage, and (3) for assessing an organisation’s capacity to adapt.
• Critically assess the relevance of these tools for evaluating and developing strategies to deal with both the immediate effects of the pandemic and what comes after, given the uncertainties and the need for rapid change.
• Discuss how these tools should be applied.
Answer preview for discuss COVID19 pandemic is a global crisis that has caused worldwide business disruption