I’m working on a writing project and need support to help me understand better.
At ABC Early Learning, you are a curriculum specialist who works with all age groups. To support your team, you need to develop and implement an original assessment tool that will provide a better understanding of where their children stand with language or literacy development.
Part1: Choose a focus – language use or literacy skills. In a Word document, develop an original assessment tool that measures and evaluates your chosen focus. The tool should include the following:
- Measurements of the child’s language use or literacy skills
- A minimum of five (5) indicators
Part 2: Use your tool to observe a child from one of the following age groups: Toddlers (2-3 years), Preschool-age (3-5 years), or Young School-age (6-8 years). Perform the following:
- Assess one child for a minimum of 10 minutes during a literacy-heavy or language-heavy activity and make observation notes using your original assessment tool.
- Write a 1-2-page developmental goals document that includes the following:
- Description of the child’s age, any developmental attributes, and the setting.
- Based on the results of your observation, write three (3) achievable DAP goals for the child’s language or literacy development.
- For each goal, suggest a developmentally appropriate activity that might be best suited to support that goal.