I’m working on a blog post project and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
For this paper, you will be writing a “biography” of a social media platform of your choosing. The following is a list of platforms you may choose from:
In 6-9 double-spaced pages, please cover the following areas:
– a brief description of the platform (pretend you’re explaining this to someone completely unfamiliar with its concept), for example, the platform-specific vernacular and architecture
– the history of the platform
– socio-cultural impact of the platform (on politics, activism, culture in general, etc…)
– how it’s uses and/or users have changed over time
– and conclude with your own analysis/observations/personal experiences with the platform
Some questions you might consider when writing your paper:
-Who is the intended audience? Who actually uses it? Has that changed, why/how?
-How have changes in technology (i.e. the invention of live-streaming in the mid 2010s) altered the platform?
-Explore big controversies/public discourse surrounding the platform
The paper should be 6-9 double-spaced pages, 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins. Any headings are not included in the overall page count. You must use a minimum of 8 sources with 3 of them being scholarly, peer-reviewed sources.