Recent controversial Supreme Court Rulings have dominated the 24-hour news cycle. In this case study, you will review a recent judicial decision and determine its impact on society.
Using the Strayer University Online Library, research Supreme Court rulings made in the last five years.
Write a 2–3 page paper in which you:
- Write on one Supreme Court ruling that has impacted one of the following issues on society:
- Citizenship rights for immigrants.
- LGBTQIA+ rights.
- Freedom of speech and religion.
- Pro-life vs. reproductive rights sides.
- Workplace discrimination.
- Summarize the recent Supreme Court Ruling of choice detailing the facts, and provide a high-level overview of the issue and overall ruling of the case.
- Describe the factors that led to the outcome of the ruling.
- Outline the effect the ruling had on law, precedent, and social policy.
- Review and provide additional ways these cases could be overturned in the future.
- Provide three quality sources—the textbook may be used as one reference source.