I’m working on a sociology discussion question and need support to help me learn.
In the book, Quantitative Research Methods for Professionals, Vogt introduces the “Quantitative Report Critique Checklist” (p. 300). For this discussion, you are asked to answer some of the questions from the checklist in order to analyze an empirical study. The questions you are to answer from the checklist are listed below.
To complete this discussion, start with reading the Grant and Berry 2011 article from this unit’s studies (also linked in the Resources). This article, on motivation and creativity, explores a number of variables using three different empirical studies. Address these “questions about variables” for one of these studies:
- What is the dependent variable?
- What are the independent variables?
- What mediating or intervening variables are identified?
- How are any control variables considered?
- How is each variable defined and measured?
- Do you consider the definitions and measurements of the variables appropriate for this study?
Make sure you identify which empirical study you used for this discussion.
Vogt, P. W. (2007). Quantitative research methods for professionals. Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
Read the posts of your peers and respond to one. In your response, compare and contrast your analysis with that of your peer. Include the following:
- What are the similarities and differences between your test and your peer’s?
- What characteristics did your peer provide that you may not have considered?
- What characteristics did you provide that your peer may not have considered?
- What other questions or comments do you have for your peer?
Click here if you need answer to this question from us