Each student is to select a publicly traded company for which they will prepare a 15-page minimum (excluding cover page, citations, and exhibit section) written case analysis. The student will use APA and submit in a single Word document. The report must include a 1-page executive summary. a table of contents, and section for exhibits. The analysis is to provide a company profile and address one significant organizational issue in depth for the selected company. The report should suggest how to resolve the issue based on the operational analytics concepts explored in this class. The student should prepare its report in a professional manner to present to senior leadership and convince leadership of the findings and to accept the recommendations.
The preparation of this report will require considerable time. It is recommended that students complete as much individual research as possible. Examination of documents such as annual reports will be necessary to determine the direction of the company and its results. Additional information may be secured through journals, personal interviews, newspaper articles, etc.
Each student will submit the project in the assignment area of Moodle, as a word document by Wednesday of the final week and post on the discussion board so others can respond for week’s assignment by the Saturday deadline.
Your case analysis should include the following:
- Identify the most important facts surrounding the case.
- Identify the key issue.
- Analytical data to support your identification of the issue including charts, graphs, spreadsheets etc.
- Specify alternative courses of action.
- New data models to support your alternative solutions including charts, graphs, spreadsheets etc.
- Evaluate each course of action.
- Recommend the best course of action.
- Executive summary