Write a reflection of your own personal culture
Write a reflection of your own personal culture. Consider the following quote in the context of your own identity, Yo-Yo Ma explains, “Our cultural strength has always been derived from our diversity of understanding and experience.” Write a reflection of your own personal culture as it relates to both this quote and the themes covered over the course of the semester. You must reference this quote in your introduction; in other words, your thesis should explain this quote. You need to consider what you define as culture.
Over the course of the semester, we have touched on various cultural aspects such as the role of popular culture, foreign, religious and taboo traditions, racism, prejudice, discrimination, as well as personal cultures and freedoms. For this assignment, you are to write a reflection of the topics as they pertain to your own individual culture. As individuals, we see ourselves as unique. We also identify with other humans, knowing that all unique individuals everywhere have similar needs and values, such as happiness, love, honesty, respect, recognition, etc., The assignment allows you to take a closer look essentially at what makes you, you. What it is not, however, is a narrative essay. You should not tell me a story about one dinner with your family and your essay must have a definitive structure. In other words, the entire essay must not be one paragraph long.
1. 2-3 pages. Please remember that two (2) pages does not mean the top of the 2 nd page but the FULL page.
2. Please watch your spelling and your grammar. Remember to spell check your essay before your turn it in!
3. Informal essay, you CAN use “I,” “me,” “my” or “we” but please do not start every sentence with “I think,” “I feel” or “I believe.”
4. Proper MLA standards in text (Jones) or (“The History of Food”), for example. You do need to include a Works Cited page – which does not count in your total page number if you use outside sources. Again, I have given you the Works Cited entry for the quote.
5. All assignments must be typed and double-spaced in 12 pt. Times New Roman font with 1” margins around the page and stapled. Follow the follow the essay format listed in the syllabus as your reader should be single-spaced.
Answer preview for Write a reflection of your own personal culture
Access the full answer containing 865 words by clicking the below purchase button.