Analyse some of the ways that women have been constrained as economic actors throughout history
Answer 2 questions. (Each question carries 50% marks.)
1. Why have some indicators of living standards diverged from measures of economic growth over the last two centuries?
2. To what extent can changes in the level of inequality since the early modern period been attributed to government policy?
3. What are the benefits and pitfalls of using case studies in economic history?
4. How important is culture as an explanation for differences in historical economic performance?
5. Analyse some of the ways that women have been constrained as economic actors throughout history. Discuss with reference to at least TWO historical examples.
6. To what degree have advances in historical national accounting revised earlier narratives about pre-industrial economies?
7. Why have economic historians and historians of capitalism come to such different conclusions about the role of slavery in American economic
8. How important is state capacity in the transition to sustained economic growth? Discuss with reference to specific historical examples.
Answer preview for analyse some of the ways that women have been constrained as economic actors throughout history