Read the article Embracing Older Women in the Workplace and summarize what the authors did and what they found
In this relatively short paper, you will read the article “Embracing Older Women in the Workplace” and summarize what the authors did and what they found.
Paper must be APA format, that is, double-spaced 12pt., Times New Roman font Layout:
The title page
Comprehensive Summary of the article
Critique of the article
Brief summary of the article
Comprehensive Summary of the article:
Summarize, in your own words, the article research question and how it was addressed in the article. Below are some things to include in your summary.
Full title should be at the top of the page on the very first line and be centered.
For this paper, add the word “Summary” below the title, centered and in bold.
The summary itself will include the following:
Type of study (Was it experimental or correlational? How do you know?)
Variables (What were the independent and dependent variables? Be specific with these.
Define the terms independent and dependent variable and make sure to identify how they are operationally defined in the article)
Method (Was there a random sample of participants? Was there random assignment to groups? What did the participants do in the study?)
Summary of findings (What were their findings?)
Critique of the article:
Place “Critique” before this section, bold and centered (do not start a new page). This section should focus on your own thoughts about the content of the article (i.e. your own ideas in your own words).
Demonstrate critical thinking in your writing. Address at least four of the following elements:
1. In your opinion, how valid and reliable is the study? Why? Make sure to define what reliable and valid mean and apply these definitions to the study. Saying that it is valid and reliable is not enough, you have to apply those terms to the article.
2. Did the study authors correctly interpret their findings, or are there any alternative interpretations you can think of?
3. Did the authors of the study employ appropriate ethical safeguards?
4. Briefly describe a follow-up study you might design that builds on the findings of the study. You may cite other studies if you’d like.
5. Describe whether you feel the results presented in the article are weaker or stronger than the authors claim (and why); or refer to point b. How might we test between the proposed and alternate interpretations?
6. Mention additional implications of the findings not mentioned in the article (either theoretical or practical/applied)
7. Identify specific problems in the theory, discussion or empirical research presented in the article and how these problems could be corrected. If you discuss methodological issues, then they must be substantial enough to affect the interpretations of the findings
or arguments presented in the article. Furthermore, please also suggest how it could be resolved and why your proposed solution would be preferable.
8. Describe how/why the method used in the article is either better or worse for addressing a particular issue than other methods
a. “Brief Summary”, bold and centered.
b. In one or two paragraphs maximum, summarize the article again, but this time I want it to be very short. In other words, take all the information that you talked about in the summary portion of this assignment and write it again, but this time in only a few sentences.
c. The reason for this section is that I want to make sure you can understand the whole study but that you can also write about it in a shorter paragraph that still emphasizes the main points of the article. If you really understand the study, you only need that much
space to describe it.
d. Just make sure your short summary provides some good details about what the article was about and how the study was run!
e. As a hint for this section, look at the article abstract and rephrase it in your own words!
Provide the reference for this article in proper APA format.
If you cited other sources during either your critique or summary, reference them as well (this is optional).
Answer preview for Read the article Embracing Older Women in the Workplace and summarize what the authors did and what they found
Access the full answer containing 1220 words by clicking the below purchase button.