Pick a genetic disorder that is a result of a single-trait and find articles that answer questions concerning your chosen type of genetic disorder
Pick a genetic disorder that is a result of a single-trait. Find articles that answer questions concerning your chosen type of genetic disorder. This assignment will help you organize the sources that you will use in the Unit VI Research Paper. An annotated bibliography consists of two parts: the reference section in APA format, followed by the summary for that reference.
Your sources should address the following topics to be included in the Unit VI Research Paper:
- What is a single-trait genetic disorder?
- Describe the single-trait genetic disorder you selected.
- State whether it is a dominant or recessive disorder.
- State whether it is sex-linked or autosomal recessive disorder.
- Describe symptoms, diagnosis, and prognosis.
- Discuss treatment options, including medicines/alternative treatments.
- Discuss incidence rate or statistics.
- Identify resources that you would use if you or someone you knew had this type of genetic disorder.
- What can be done to reduce the incidence rates?
- What are other interesting facts?
Create an annotated bibliography following the structure given in the example:
- Annotated Bibliography Example
- Find four to six current sources (published within the last 5 years).
- Note that the reference citations are in alphabetical order.
- Summaries do not include opinion but rather a short synopsis of the article with no direct quotes. End your summary with one or two sentences on why that source was selected and how it is of value to your research topic. Each summary must be at least 50 words in length.
Your sources may also include credible websites such as WHO. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Your annotated bibliography must be at least two pages in length. You will not be writing the actual research paper in this unit. You will just be creating and submitting an annotated bibliography.
Answer preview for Pick a genetic disorder that is a result of a single-trait and find articles that answer questions concerning your chosen type of genetic disorder
Access the full answer containing 422 words by clicking the below purchase button