1. Select a topic. Consider a topic that expands on something from the reading, a topic that you have a question about, or one of the suggestions:
Mental Health Multiage classrooms Summer learning loss
Looping classrooms Sleep and learning Social Emotional Learning
Test anxiety Outdoor education Technology
Arts integration in the classroom Language Immersion programs Bullying
2. Get approval from instructor if you choose a topic not on the suggestion list.
3. Find (use an electronic index such as ERIC or PsycInfo) and read approximately three articles from a scholarly publication, preferably a peer reviewed journal such as: Journal of Educational Psychology Journal of Social Psychology
Child Development Developmental Psychology
Journal of Educational Research American Educational Research Journal
4. Summarize across the literature to create a brief review about the topic. The contents of this paper (about 5 pages) should include: a.) a working definition of the topic chosen; b.) a description of some questions in the field about the topic; c.) the kinds of methods used to examine the topic and a summary of the findings; d.) limitations of such methods; e.) directions for future research; and f.) your brief critique of the literature reviewed. These components may vary slightly depending upon the topic investigated.
5. Include a bibliography at the end of the paper.
6. Use APA style.
Answer preview for Mental Health
Access the full answer containing 1540 words by clicking the below purchase button.