Identify and research one modifiable risk factor
Identify and research one modifiable risk factor. Develop an evidence-based teaching plan that promotes health, with the aim of improving patient outcomes related to the modifiable risk factor.
- State one preventable disease your adult participant is at risk for developing
- Introduce one modifiable risk factor (diet, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, etc.) associated with the preventable disease you described.
- Describe briefly the preventable disease you identified in the introduction.
- What are the signs and symptoms associated with this disease?
- How is it diagnosed?
- What physical assessment findings would be associated with this disease?
- How did you identify your adult participant’s risk for this disease?
- Specific information gathered in the Genetic Family History?
- Discuss in this section what methods you will use to teach your participant how to implement the intervention.
Describe at least one method (weight, lab values, etc.) you would use to evaluate whether your intervention was effective.
Answer preview for Identify and research one modifiable risk factor