Explain how smart connected products are transforming companies
How Smart Connected Products Are Transforming Companies
Points will be given on the quality of your answers including analytical capability and logical reasoning. You are encouraged to use as many references as possible (with citations).
1. The author states that the relationship a firm has with its products—and with its customers—is becoming continuous and open-ended; What does this mean? What about your firm?
2. Apply and answer the 10 strategic decisions for your firm. What did you learn?
3. Explain very briefly how the traditional value chain is getting transformed?
4. What is meant by product as a service ? Give examples?
5. The author states that smart products will usher a new era of lean. What are the underlying
assumptions and would those hold under differing conditions? If not, what would be the implications?
6. What is the role of IS/IT/Technology in the new organizational structure?
7. How are smart products creating disruption?
Answer preview for explain how smart connected products are transforming companies