Discuss the evolution of penal institutions throughout early history
Answer the following:
1. Discuss the evolution of penal institutions throughout early history.
2. List and explain three of Cesare Beccaria’s proposals regarding crime and social policy.
3. How has society historically dealt with prison overcrowding?
4. Briefly describe and differentiate between each of the three main correctional ideologies.
5. Explain the concept of a deterrent effect and differentiate between general and specific deterrence.
6. Explain the basic philosophy of balanced and restorative justice.
7. How does suspended sentencing differ from probation? How are they similar?
8. What is diversion and what is its purpose?
9. Explain how custodial staff can affect inmates and why correctional facilities need to pay more attention to this issue.
10. What are some of the factors that correctional investigators look for when they focus on identifying gang members?
11. Identify, discuss, and give at least one example for each of the three traditional types of services offered to inmates in the corrections treatment model.
12. Discuss the reasoning behind and the potential benefits, to the individual as well as to the community, of pre-trial release alternatives.
13. Describe the classification process in state prisons.
14. Identify and describe the five different levels of security at the federal level.
15. What are parole guidelines and what is their purpose?
Answer preview for Discuss the evolution of penal institutions throughout early history
Access the full answer containing 1010 words by clicking the below purchase button