Discuss Drug Abuse in United States
Discuss Drug Abuse in United States. Select a recently published scholarly article that interests you from the sociology journal, Journal of Marriage and Family.
You can access this journal and its advanced search functions here:
http://pk4by7fa7h.search.serialssolutions.com/V=1.0&N=100&tab=JOURNALS&L=PK4BY7FA7H&S=A_T_B&C=Journal+of+Marriage+and+Family (Links to an external site.)
(You may choose to add additional qualifiers in the search sections below if there is a specific topic you want to find.)Choose a current article (2015 or later) which allows you to read the Full Text. Be sure to select a research article and not a book review or editorial note.
Read the full-text of the article.
In a paper of approximately 500 words in length (approximately two pages of double-spaced and 12-point font of text), summarize and critique the theoretical framework, research methods and evidence presented in your chosen article. When selecting an article, students are encouraged to focus on a topic covered in this course, including but not limited to gender, domestic violence, the family in historical context, family diversity, work-family conflict, Drug Abuse, care for elderly family members, childhood, etc. If you are not certain if your chosen article is acceptable, please feel free to ask your instructor.
The successful paper will:
1. Introduce the article including title, author(s), and publication date.
2. Identify the research question addressed in the article and provide a brief summary of the article, including its principal findings.
3. Identify one or more theories cited by the author(s) as the foundation for and/or the conceptual framework for the research being conducted (e.g., identify the theorist (author, year) that is cited in relation to the theory discussed and how the theory is framed or otherwise used to address the research question).
4. Outline and discuss the methodology used to collect and analyze the data or other evidence presented, and categorize the method(s) as qualitative or quantitative.
5. Provide any additional insight you find relevant to assess the research methods or evidence used in your article: consider sample size, reliability, validity and so forth…
This paper must be written in your own words. Do NOT use direct quotes or copy passages directly from the article. This paper requires that you demonstrate your ability to summarize and effectively communicate the theory, method and evidence of your chose article in your own written words. It also requires that you demonstrate your overall understanding of how sociologists use theory, research methods and evidence to study families.
Answer preview for Discuss Drug Abuse in United States
Access the full answer containing 1245 words by clicking the below purchase button.