Develop a recovery plan with a strength-based, client-centred focusing on Mental Health
Develop a recovery plan with a strength-based, client-centred focusing on Mental Health .Case Study 1 Marica is a 50 year- old woman with a diagnosis of schizophrenia. Marica lives with her elderly mother. She does not work, but spends most of her time drawing and painting in her bedroom and has always dreamed of having a showing of her art in a gallery. Marica is supported financially by her mother. She doesn’t have a social network but sometimes goes to the markets on her own to look around.
Case Study 2
Josiah is a 24 year-old man referred by his GP for depression. The referral stated that Josiah drinks 6-10 units of alcohol daily and is on anti-depressant medication. He has a mental health care plan and sees a social worker once a month but has recently separated from his partner and has been having suicidal thoughts.
Case Study 3
Max is a 43 years-old man who has had unstable housing for many years and is currently staying in a short-term refuges. He was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 a long time ago, and has had ongoing issues with gambling, to the extent that he is now under financial guardianship.
For each case study you must:
- Develop a recovery plan with a strength-based, client-centred focus and include:
- Goals, strategies and who is responsible for implementing the strategies.
- Identification of risks and reducing risks associated with recovery goals.
Answer the following questions:
- How will you establish a recovery based relationship? You should include a brief description of how you will prepare for the initial meeting or assessment, and how you will communicate the values and principles of collaborative recovery as well as how you will invite information sharing and define and confirm the collaborative relationship.
- Describe how you will work together to meet the recovery goals.
- Name at least two (2) potential services you would collaborate with and describe how you will work with them to meet the client’s recovery goals.
- Describe how you will collaboratively implement and review the plan, include how you will review and monitor services provided by other organizations and programs.
Answer preview for developing a recovery plan with a strength-based, client-centred focusing on Mental Health