Create a PowerPoint presentation based on your purchase of a restaurant.
Making Financial Business Decisions
Unit 10 focuses on using financial methods and statistical data to inform alternative selection within business decisions.
For this Assignment you will create a PowerPoint® presentation based on your “purchase” of a restaurant. The following information is to be used to create this presentation. Your presentation is required to have at least one reference from a reliable source. This means that you cannot use sites like Wikipedia, Ask.com®, and Yahoo® answers and that only
references from reliable sources will earn points. All resources should be cited both as an in-text citation as well as being listed on a reference slide in APA format.
You have always wanted to own a restaurant and have now decided to go into business, purchase a building, and open an Italian Bistro. The items listed below provide information regarding the purchases you will need to make to start your business.
1) The building and the land it sits on will cost $250,000 and you have 20% to put down on the property. Annual taxes are $6,000 and fire and liability insurance is $3,600.
2) You have $150,000 of additional funds to allocate for refurbishing the grounds, building structure, interior design, and kitchen. 10% of the savings will be allocated to the grounds, 20% to the building’s structure, 20% to update the interior design, and 50% for kitchen installation and fire suppression systems.
3) Tables are $200 each for 2 tops, $300 each for 4 tops, and $500 each for 6 tops. You plan to purchase eight (8) 2-top tables, six (6) 4-top tables, and ten (10) 6-top tables. Chairs cost $50 each. You are planning on being able to seat 100 people in the restaurant at a time and need 10 extra chairs. Silverware, tablecloths and napkins cost a total of $6,000, serving
utensils cost a total of $3,000, and glassware cost a total of $5,000.
4) Place/plate settings cost $35 each. You need to purchase three times the number of
planned seats for turn-around and breakage. (Remember you are planning for 100 people in your restaurant MM255 Business Math and Statistical Measures
5) Servicing carts, cooking equipment, prep tables, storage containers, and other supplies will cost a total of $16,000.
6) Research suggests that the average receipt total per person is $12.80 and the average cost per meal is $6.86 for the Italian restaurants in your area. The research also suggests that tables are turned over for new customers between 13 and 21 times a day in your area, and
that restaurants have between 40% and 60% occupancy fill rate each day.
You mission is to create a financial business plan explaining the initial outlay of funds this
business venture will cost.
Create a PowerPoint Presentation for this business venture.
The following is an outline of how your slides should be presented.
Slide 1: This is your title page. Include your name, project title, the course and section
number and the assignment due date.
Slide 2: This slide is your introduction slide. This slide should summarize your new business
venture, describe your restaurant concept (i.e. casual dining, bight atmosphere, etc.) and
provide other helpful information. For example, restaurant name, what types of appetizers,
salads, soups, entrees, beer and wine availability, and desserts you might serve, and hours
of operation. Highlight what makes you restaurant special.
Slide 3: This is your building and real estate summary slide. This slide should include a
small picture or building plan drawing of the building, and summarize the purchase price,
down payment, and amount financed. The picture of the building can be obtained from a
real estate website, or from a building plan drawing available on the Internet (be sure to cite
this). This slide should also list the annual tax and insurance amounts. It should also include
the monthly mortgage payment including principal, interest, taxes and insurance (PITI). The
slide notes (section below the slide in PowerPoint) should contain the steps you took to
calculate the monthly mortgage payment.
Answer preview for create a PowerPoint presentation based on your purchase of a restaurant.