Begin your investigation of wind energy by answering the following questions
Begin your investigation of wind energy by answering the following questions.
1. What causes or creates wind?
2. Using the Wind Resource Maps accessible from the site,
http://apps2.eere.energy.gov/wind/windexchange/windmaps/ , provide answers to the following questions:
1. Identify the land-based locations in the US best suited as utility-scale wind resources (80-meter). Record the range of wind speeds.
2. Investigate the community scale (30-meter data) wind power classification for locations near Boise. Record the wind resource potential rating and wind speed
3. Is it affordable? Include a discussion of infrastructure required to make it mainstream.
4. Is it reliable? Could it be used as a base-load source? If not, explain why.
5. Is it considered clean? Compare emissions to those generated by coal or natural gas powered plants.
6. Energy storage – what methods have been investigated particularly with regard to wind energy.
Answer preview for Begin your investigation of wind energy by answering the following questions
Access the full answer containing 355 words by clicking the below purchase button.