As a student in the Healthy Lifestyles course explore the concept of wellness and apply it to your life
As a student in the Healthy Lifestyles course, Dr. Wilson and Ms. Stinson want you to explore the concept of wellness and apply it to your life. You will be required to participate in three (3) different wellness events over the course of the semester. They have to be 3 different wellness events (i.e. do not submit a Zumba class 3 times). You can choose events that are held virtually or in person. Some require registration.
- Attendance –
- On Campus Events – For the virtual events through Counseling and Psychology Services (CAPS) and University Center for Academic Excellence (UCAE), attendance will be taken at the end of the session once you complete an evaluation for the departments. At the end of each event, you will fill out a survey to confirm your attendance. This is how we will track your attendance with those departments
Here is how you can view programs offered by these 2 departments (may require registration)…
CAPS – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OhrrWzdbzRLXjpnLc1DbL7yif_ypU-850JH-AaPY47Q/edit (Links to an external site.) – CAPS will add more workshops over the course of the semester
You can also choose another activity that is not connected with CAPS or UCAE and they can be in your community. You will have to show evidence of attendance.
- Reflection– For each event you attend, you will respond to the following prompt:
- Identify name of wellness event and date of attendance. If you attend an in-person event, please show some evidence of attendance (i.e. selfie of you at event and/or ticket stub).
- How did the wellness event you attended inform your thinking about wellness?
- Discuss at least 2 ways that you will increase or maintain your wellness after participating in the event? How did you feel after attending the event? What do you see as challenges with incorporating the activity in your life?
- There is a 250 word minimum on your reflection. Not meeting the word minimum will result in you not earning the points associated with the reflection.
Answer preview for As a student in the Healthy Lifestyles course explore the concept of wellness and apply it to your life
Access the full answer containing 365 words by clicking the below purchase button.