I’m working on a public health multi-part question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Treating chronic illnesses medically and as a public health problem is very different.
For this post, discuss a chronic illness that you have experience with and answer the following questions – with specific supporting evidence that you can link to.
- How are the medical and public health approaches to this particular chronic illness different?
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages of the two approaches?
Ex: My uncle has imaginaryitis
- Public Health tries to prevent it by doing X and doctors treat it by doing Y
- Provide links for both.
- X is better than Y because of A, while Y is sometimes better than X because of B.
- Briefly explain both sides. Provide linked evidence or your experience as evidence.
- Reasons can include speed, efficiency, ease, cost, effectiveness, pain, pleasure, and so on.
Evidence could be a link to a public health education campaign, a news article, or a scholarly work.