Outline the History and Evolution of Freudian Theory
Outline the History and Evolution of Freudian Theory. Using the outline from Topic 2 as a starting point along with instructor feedback from the outline submission, write a paper (1,500‐1,750 words) in which you discuss the history and evolution of Freudian theory. Include the following in your paper:
- A discussion of the history of and concepts originating in the first 10 years of Freudian theory. This is based on your first major heading and the related subtopics and details of your Topic 2 outline.
- A discussion of the concept and history of Freudian psycho‐sexual development. This is based on your second major heading and the related subtopics and details of your Topic 2 outline.
- A discussion of the concept and development of Freud’s structural model.
- A discussion of how Freudian theory aligns or contrasts with elements of culture and the Christian worldview.
- A discussion of how the contrasts identified above highlighted problems with Freudian theory leading to the development of Neo‐Freudian theories and a further evolution of the field of psychology.